Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tired


This topic of the blog is about the preparation of my mother coming back home after chemotherapy. The first thing was the thyroid(gland responsible for metabolism and calcium control near the throat area), there was a aggressive cancer overwhelming the gland. So around middle August, she got surgery and two weeks later a lump appeared from checkup. Early September, my mom received many scans and it was a aggressive cancer growing from where the surgery was at. After all of the scan, it was also clear there was cancer in her lungs, lower spine and adrenal glands. There is a picture I posted to help show it. Then around early October was the second surgery to remove lump. Cancer patients can't just start chemotherapy, but it is a long painful process. First, the patient has to go on a special "low-iodine" diet. You could only eat certain amount of meat,no dairies, seafood, and iodine salt(buy special salt with no iodine). My mother loses more weight than she ever lost when exercising. Also this is a break from my third part of my mini autobiographical story.

10/23/08

I had just received news that we(family) had to clean the house. I had cut my last class 5:35-6:50pm, it did not matter the attendance was invisible and I am sure I know enough about human sexuality. I entered the train with determination and I am damn sure I am not gotta break one of my pillars of life for this class. My aunt came over to help out and my grandma would become the overlord. Of course, my grandma was consumed by the idea of me carrying a empty stomach. In my white plastic dish was two pieces of Chinese sausages, some bird meat and a bunch of rice(-_-). With my head being squeezed by unknown forces, I had no choice but to take a short break from life. My mind rattled like a baby's toy and the sleep was as fun as getting heart attacks every hour. In the mist of my pain, I actually caught sleep and force it to my soul.

The clock strike its eyes at me and it was 9:05 PM. Yet again, it was time to consume more protein and cooked vegetables. On the dinner table a battle plan was determined. I was to clean the bathtub and Andy had to clean the floors. I took the green-whitish can and shake, shake it to perform my task at hand. The gases would mix into a spell that would weaken me. My tongue drained of its life support spit the bits of itself in the drain. My secondary breathing tunnels would suffer a massive flood of alien-like fluids. The aliens have some nice oozy technology that hinder my wolf smell of the not so green friendly fumes. My grandma also advised us (Me and Andy) to use these latex free non sterile powder-free synthetic exam gloves. These gloves make me like a doctor or like the tv show based character Dexter. With my equitment at hand sponge and a scruber, this will be quite the fight. When it comes to cleaning, I am a bit lazy but when I actually start I am a mild compulsive cleaner. I would start cleaning and small bits of markings would take me on a journey of non-stop brushing, vacuming and smashing. Andy suggested I used another cleaning product, since we were getting low on the can. The prefect mixture of water and thick transparent orange gel. The smell would penerate the oozes and tickle my nose's hairs shouting "It Smells Like Fruit Loops". In the end, I would feel I have lost the battle with those little demons, but I am too lazy to continue the endless battle. With the operation done, I ripped off the gloves surgeon style and my fingers were wet. My slippers being drowned in soapy water would squeak like a duck screaming under water by a prankster. I forced open the two gates of freedom. My mirror was in need of attention and grab my eyeballs to glare. The clear fluid running out of my nose had created a letter "Y". Is my body asking why I am putting myself through this? I tell you why because this is important and I am always willing to sacrifice my body to help a family/friend. Like a bounty hunter, I am well rewarded with a slip of my aloe water and musical harmony cruising in my ears. I better start studying for the incoming tests. But I will save that burden for another day.

1 comment:

LiPeony said...

Best wishes and hope for your mom and your family and of course you